I've been trying not to bawl for about 3 hours now and I know its because its pms, a memorial service to remember for years to come and the fact that I broke a fingernail but I somehow.....some kind of way I deleted about 4000 pictures from my memory card for my camera. I feel so damn totally lost and I'm fighting tears.
The rational side of me is telling me its just pictures, You want to cry because your Aunt passed away and You have YET to cry and You feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel like You should be shedding some tears here so maybe this is a way for You to let lose with some of Your Emotional Constipation that You have. (WnTF am I talking in third person) but
4000 pictures people! 4000. Every time I say that my stomach knots up. If I ever got on anti anxiety drugs...this would be my time.
4 comments:
4000!!! I may cry for you! I would be sick at my stomach! I have had to many close calls before where I almost deleted all my pics, so I try not to get too many on my memory card before I take them into Walgreens and download them onto a cd. Here's a box of Puffs. Cry your heart out!
LOL..thank you. I finally been able to *gulp* tell myself that it will all be alright...My mom even called this morning and asked if I had been able to find ANYWAY to bring them back. No such luck.
If I lost 4000 pictures, I would certainly cry for at least a week, perhaps I'd never stop!
I'm also a guy, so this gives you some idea of the order of magnitude of this loss to me.
On a practical side, I wonder if data recovery places could retrieve your pictures? I'm assuming deleting stuff on a memory card is similar to deleting things on a hard drive...they aren't actually deleted, just taken out of the directory. As long as you didn't write over the whole card, you may be able to retrieve some of it, if it is important enough.
Thanks Gregg. Someone had informed me that you can purchase a program that sometimes can recover your memory from your digital cards. You can also download programs for free which I found, at least in my case, unproductive. I logged onto Canon's website and read any answers I wanted to hear so I called and heard the answer I didnt want to hear which was, they were lost. Alas...I back up everything now, even my memory cards.
Post a Comment