I am working on my night photos. Really moon shots. They arent coming out very good.

I go back and forth on my settings...Night Shot, Aperture settings....I even changed my shutter speed to like 1/2 (which did nothing but take a long ass time for the picture to take...) and I cant get a good shot. I took about 50 pictures last night and maybe got 2 good pictures out of it. Dont ask me what happened here...'on't know and cant begin to tell you but trust me...it is the moon....
I go back and forth on my settings...Night Shot, Aperture settings....I even changed my shutter speed to like 1/2 (which did nothing but take a long ass time for the picture to take...) and I cant get a good shot. I took about 50 pictures last night and maybe got 2 good pictures out of it. Dont ask me what happened here...'on't know and cant begin to tell you but trust me...it is the moon....
But this, this was when it was actually dark last night...after messing with my zoom...and as you see its blurry.
And this is probably the clearest one but it looks like a plain bright 'white' moon....not the orange/yellow pretty one from last night...
I just can not get a break!
7 comments:
The squiggle looking one? That is you moving while the shutter is open. When you have a slower shutter speed, any movement of your hand at all is going to be picked up by the camera so it's best to have a tripod for those shots.
I really like the one just above the last one. It looks pretty and doesn't make my eyes go cross-eyed at all!
After staring at the picture all night, I have to admit, I like that one too. Thanks! I just wish it was clearer.
You know what...I do believe that is the one that I changed the shutter speed on...I'll have to check that.
Thanks for the AFFORDABLE advice, my friend suggested buying a $5000 camera...A tripod is better.
LOL!
I WOULD LOVE a $5000 camera too! I find that simpler is best though and unless you are planning on a life as a professional photographer, having that kind of equipment is overkill.
I would think shooting the moon would be a very difficult project. But it sounds like you're learning alot.
I really like the same one Raven mentioned. Very pretty.
Raven, Yeah but (can you hear me whine) its a $5000 camera....if I was independently wealthy, that would be all good.
Lisa, thanks. I like that one meself...the squiggle one made me think of trying to submit it to a ghost hunting show and see if they try to pass it off as a ghost...
I really like the dusk shot with the silhouette of the tree. The next to last one is nice, too, with a little aura around the moon.
I have tried for years to take good night shots and never succeeded (mostly because I don't bother with a tripod, as Raven pointed out), but it's fun to keep trying!
Lawyerish, I have an obscene love affair with my camera so I love the trying too!
Post a Comment