
I told myself I was not going to be an emotional wreck today but of course I am. At 6:33am 15 years ago I gave birth to Okoye Gregory Mahol Till Washington. It had been a difficult and emotional pregnancy so every night I was still pregnant, was such a blessing to me. I was in labor for 36 hours with him, 36 long hours and right when I was so ready to just say 'fuck it, do the caesarean…my doctor was like hell no. You said you was going to do this, you can do it.' To this day Dr Waite has no clue how close he came to having my foot up his penis and coming out his rectum and see how much he wanted to do THAT. Soon as I safely delivered him they took him away…I remember that silence after his head came out…Where is That Cry that I should be hearing?? Once I heard him cry a long 2 minutes later, they took him away and I wouldn’t see him for another long 12 minutes. I told Kerry to go with him hold his toe if he had too but GO WITH HIM DAMMITT… 
And now, 15 years later, the bonding that I worried about NOT happening, we have double fold. I know parents are not supposed to be your childs best friend but you know what, screw that. Even though I was 22 at the time, we grew up together. He knows I’m his mother. He knows I’m his biggest fan. He also knows, he can talk to me about anything. ANYTHING. And he does. I might bust out in tears when he is gone, but I handle that role very well. But the most important role is the Terminator Momma role. The one that he knows that his mama’s got his back but if I have to, I will still beat the crap out of him.
I’m very hard on him. I have so many dreams and goals for him. At any early age, we stressed God and faith, honesty, self preservation, and love. He has his moments but for the most part, I look at this boy and I cant believe that I gave birth to him, LOL. That something so gorgeous was borne from these loins. That someone so respectful came from my blood line. That someone so talented has sprung from the DNA of his father and I. I cant help but imagine what his life will be like.
Everyone wants the best for their children. Everyone wants success. I’m no different. I want that and more. I want him to be true to HIM. Happiness. Honesty. Faith in God. Love. And with all those things, where could he go wrong?

And now, 15 years later, the bonding that I worried about NOT happening, we have double fold. I know parents are not supposed to be your childs best friend but you know what, screw that. Even though I was 22 at the time, we grew up together. He knows I’m his mother. He knows I’m his biggest fan. He also knows, he can talk to me about anything. ANYTHING. And he does. I might bust out in tears when he is gone, but I handle that role very well. But the most important role is the Terminator Momma role. The one that he knows that his mama’s got his back but if I have to, I will still beat the crap out of him.
I’m very hard on him. I have so many dreams and goals for him. At any early age, we stressed God and faith, honesty, self preservation, and love. He has his moments but for the most part, I look at this boy and I cant believe that I gave birth to him, LOL. That something so gorgeous was borne from these loins. That someone so respectful came from my blood line. That someone so talented has sprung from the DNA of his father and I. I cant help but imagine what his life will be like.

Everyone wants the best for their children. Everyone wants success. I’m no different. I want that and more. I want him to be true to HIM. Happiness. Honesty. Faith in God. Love. And with all those things, where could he go wrong?


7 comments:
happy birthday to your son...you are definitely very proud of him :)
what a handsome fella!
Sonrie, LOL I'm sure as a parent, you know how proud of him I am...he's handful, dont get me wrong but he's a good kid.
Brandy, thanks. Funny how God can work a miracle with the genes he has..LOL
You cooked that one good, honey. He's absolutely darling. (Don't tell him I said that, he'll hate it.)
;-)
Thank you for being a PARENT.
That is a rarer and rarer thing nowadays. Being hard on him IS A GOOD THING. I thank you for not putting another entitled brat out into the world.
It is rare...and it's hard when he see's other kids getting away with a lot and still getting a lot of material things and freedoms that he doesnt get. He tries that age old line of 'but aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll my friends are...etc'...
Post a Comment