It’s a rainy day today…contrary to public opinion…I love rainy days. Something about being forced into solitude. Right now, I want nothing more than to be at home, on my couch, gazing out my window wrapped in my green blankie deep in thought. But alas, I’m stuck here at work. Supposed to be working and yet, I blog. Even if I went home, I wouldn’t get any solitude, my son, O’s, only request for his birthday was to have a BBQue but we couldn’t have it on his birthday so we had it last night. Two boys ended up spending the night so I would end up listening to them all day. No solitude there…
FYI: My brain was in low gear and I couldn’t think of the word solitude…it kept thinking of solidarity so I had to look up the word solitude and found out that splendiferous is actually a word…HA! Wasn’t there an old rap song about that?
Nothing much going on this weekend. L has a camp/drill thing to do this weekend. The boys will work in the yard which really…there’s not much to do since the major over haul of last week, I will clean in the house which there isn’t much to do since they are on summer vacation and they clean everyday. We are supposed to go out for drinks on Saturday which bums me out. I mean really... Its in Columbia which is going to take gas money and time to look cute and get there…I’m already in a foul mood about going. And then Fathers day. I’ve told Kerry that the boys can be with him, rather he takes me up on it..that’s another story but I will be with my dad on Father’s Day.
QUESTION: There is someone that, come every Father’s Day, send me a text or card for Father’s Day. His explanation is that I’m a both the mother AND the father. When I told him that they have a father, a very active father, who is daily, in their lives, he just shrugs and sends another txt or card the following year. Thoughts on this?
I’ve taken a few pictures the past couple of days, will post later but for now, have a safe weekend…
2 comments:
You never want to go have drinks with ME, and I don't make you leave town. Harrumph.
Do you not hear the irritation I have for going to this....
Post a Comment