Thursday, May 8, 2008

President Trumans Gift to me on his birthday....


I am off today due to a state holiday...President Truman's Birthday. I felt a need to reference that because up until Monday, I had no clue I was off. Checked the calender, nothing there. Checked with other reliable sources and found out hey, we are off so I tried to set something up with my sweetie. Had things set with him but then the very next day Jalil told me that some coach wanted him to do some ball throwing thing in some track meet so we were going to have to plan our day around that. No problem...lazy afternoons are right up my alley.


Last night said sweetie called to blow me off for some Armed Services award thingee...


:-/


I'm very tempermental. Moody even. Lets just say I wasnt happy and by the time we got through...he wuddn't happy either.


Anywho...once people couldnt get me at work, my doorbell, phone, computer has not stopped ringing binging or buzzing. So much for trying to nap until 11:30.


First a neighbor wanted to know if I had jumper cables.


chirp

chirp

chirp


IT IS 7:30 IN THE MORNING!!!!


Second, my oldest son calls DURING class....can I go to the store to get some pizza rolls sometime today??? Oh and one of his friends wanted to say 'hi'. Daniel gets on the phone, says hi and I'm all like WHAT CLASS ARE YOU IN THAT ALLOWS YOU TO CALL AND ASK FOR DAMN PIZZA ROLLS???? To which he promptly gave the phone back to my son and I think I heard the word 'trippin'


Third, my youngest son calls (yet in ANOTHER class) and informs me that the track meet is cancelled (ummm can I get a what what here because this is GREAT news) and proceeds to ask what I've been doing...ummm 'sweetie, you are in class...LEARN something!'


Fourth, my mom calls. Dad wants to know what we are doing for mothers day. This is an hour long conversation full of 'I dont know's and 'I don't care's.' During said conversations...doorbell rings...


Fifth neighbor comes to door asking if my electricity is off.....


:-/


Sixth, Dad calls...makes cracks about State Workers...I laugh half heartedly and ask what he's doing and he said something about trying to make it to my house. 'You know there's all kinds of detours around you neighborhood....you could have told me.' ummm didnt know he was coming over so how could I tell him about detours????


Seventh, while Dad and I are talking about Mother's Day, my dog is farting up a storm. He's a beautiful dog, with deep markings but when he's doing that and then looking at his own butt like 'wow'...you cant really awknowledge the pressence he has....Then he's looking at my dad as if to say 'I didnt hear nothing'. My dad, who hates my dog says...'yeah that's a special dog right there...'


No comments: