Pretty lousy weekend so I turned to what relaxed me...taking pictures. Well, really, taking pictures, hanging with Jalil, and walking. Okoye was already gone to hang with some friends and I told Jalil that I was going to the Capital and then to Walmart. I asked him if he wanted to go and at first he said no...he could tell, I wanted him to go so he still said no. I guess me saying honey, mommie reaaaaaaaaaaaally needs you so could you please get off the 360 and get your butt up to go hang with me, wouldnt work so I used total coercien and told him he HAD to go. It ended up us having a really good time and I got my mind off of things. When I was just doing some of these test shots...its funny how people will start to talk to your for no reason at all. 
Why he is saluting, I don't have a clue but he did it several times once we went in...I love taking pictures here...trust me, its nothing to do with government or politics...just the architecture, building I guess. At first we were just going to take shots outside but Jalil wondered if it was open and no sooner then he said it, a couple walked out.
Jalil thought this was really neat. Looks pretty cool doesnt it. Take a gander at the little dillydally telling about it...
It says 'Toilet Paper Art, Late 20th Century Inmate made'
I love this scripture...Proverbs 29:18 Soooooooooooooo very interesting its in the Capital but when you read the rest of the scripture it is about how happy is the man who keeps the law. INTERESTING. I could go on with this but that would be off my focus here....and I'm tired.
Then Jalil found the heads of famous Missourians. That's what he called it. They werent the actual heads just, well...you know, head busts of famous Missourians... Several of them, he had no clue or vaguely remembered the names but he came across George Washington Carver's bust and started telling me all about him. I stood there and listened to him talk like an encycleopedia (or a more modern term of Wikipedia) about him. Sometimes that boy has an amazing clarity...at times like this, you would never believe he has been tested twice for autism.
No comments:
Post a Comment