Thursday, May 22, 2008

Graduation Dayz





Tomorrow my oldest (or is it eldest?? Is eldest EVEN a word? I guess we will know once I spell check. Either way, its staying in this blog)...now what was I saying??? Oh yeah...

My oldest son graduates tomorrow from middle school. I have been trying to tell myself for about a month 'it is no big deal. High school is a big deal. College IS A BIG DEAL. But middle school, piece of cake.' Well I was fine until about 2 weeks ago. We were driving by his school and I said something about taking a picture of him and his friends in front of the school sign and he was like EVERYONE and I said well your friends...or whoever you want to get in the picture, let them know I want to take the picture...'. He was really upbeat about it and thought it was a cool idea and started talking about it. He said 'but mom...you cant cry'...and he looked at me and I swear, his expression said 'awwww DAAAAAAAAAYUUUM'. Yes, folks tears were already flowing.

So needless to say, even though the ceremony is at 1:30, I've taken off the whole day. The past two weeks, his friends parents have stopped me and said 'can you BElieve they are headed to high school!!!' They are all aglow with happiness and cheer and I...sob. OK, yes, that's an overstatement but the time when 'I cant wait until he can take care of him self' is upon me and I want him to go back to being my baby and needing me to breathe. Is that not insane??? And then I go into rants with my youngest son about 'enjoying life NOW....it all goes to fast, YOU HEAR ME??' and he's looking at me like I've grown another head.

I just wished that...well never mind my missed wishes. I'll just leave with some pic's of my baby....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love comparing the baby pictures to his current picture!