Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Parking Lot Wars

I work in a government office building with limited parking. Put it this way there is parking but most of the close parking, near the building, is not taken up by the public but by state employees. People will get here an hour early just to get parking close to the building. Get here and then…go to sleep in their car or finish getting dressed or put on makeup...LIKE ME. The closer spots are usually taken up my night personnel such as security officers and maintance so some people will lay in wait, like sharks circling a body in the ocean. Parking in the cut to get that coveted spot. This morning was a little different.

I came around the corner of the lane and I noticed the regular van sitting in wait for a prize spot. Me, I park wherever…which reminds me, I need to park further away so I can get a little exercise. Anywho… I pull into a spot backwards, usually, the way my luck runs, someone in a huge ass truck will park next to me on BOTH sides and I have a heck of a time pulling out backwards so just to nip that…I park with the front end out…Again, I park and I hear a car door slam and look up…

A lady gets out of car and starts heading in but notices a guy getting into his car so she hurriedly turns around hops in her car and tries to pull as he pulls out. You guessed it, it IS the coveted spot that the van has been waiting on…both of them try pull into the spot with half of their ass half out of the spot. Now, I’ve been in a view embarrassing situations and when drama rears its ugly head, I’m do not watch. So I put on my makeup, occasionally glancing over. I have my mix cd playing but I can faintly hear voices…I continue to put on my makeup.

By the time I finish, get out, plug my meter, grab my stuff obviously the sittachawation has been diverted because the girl has backed back into another spot (another money grubber parking spot lot thief took her original spot) and I think all is well in parking lot land. Then I realize I left my vacation planner in the car ( got to have something to do while I’m at work…PLAN MY VACATION) so I turn back towards my car and I see the girl ON HER KNEE’S beside her car. My guess, praying not to kick anyone’s ass. Do I intrude? Do I talk to her? Do I check on her? What do I do???? Hell, here I go and I start to walk over but then I was saved! Someone stops beside her and I seen her nod her head and the
Stoper walked on….

More 4th pictures….HEY! if you look at my fireworks pictures, you will notice the smoke...kinda messes up my shots. If anyone knows how to take those clear shots WITHOUT the smoke tendrils...let a sista know....







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last one is so perfect. Great job!

Jakki said...

Thank you very much....I know you take a lot of photos...any clue on getting the smoke out?

Anonymous said...

We had some crazy parking spot stalkers in law school, but I never saw anyone kneeling down outside their car!

Jakki said...

I do believe she was praying...cant swear to it but I think she was...praying not to kick that womans butt for taking her parking space.

Kim said...

I love your pictures! I had to take 945 to get 4 decent ones. :)

Jakki said...

Hi Kim...danka!!!! oh yeah...i know what you mean! especially my moon shots. I take tons of them and get maybe 1 or 2 good shots. burns me everytime.

Kennis said...

I totally drooled on my keyboard over those photos. The one of the little boy with the sparkler is perfect! (love the others too, but there is nothing sweeter than a kid on our country's Independence day, lol).

Worked for the gov't in Kansas...I know ALL about the parking spots.

As for the smoke - I would need to see the exif data for the photos (ISO, all that) just to be sure. Sometimes its just unavoidable...at least for me, lol.

Perfectly Shelly said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA--I snagged me one of the PRIME spots for the SECOND DAY IN A ROW. By behaving myself and just pulling into the lot. The parking lot stalkers were PISSED when I just pulled up and got the spot THEY'D been waiting on for eleven thousand hours.

Jakki said...

Kendra...dont think I WONT take you up on your offer (was it an offer or was you just being nice??? in any case...I'm holding you to it...LOL) I've got the picture saved to my computer here at work but it wont show that info here but I know flickr will list the photo stats.

Shells...I seen that...good circling technique...element of surprise always works. :-)

Kim...I feel like a dork...I looked at your blogger info and realized who you are...HEY! How's it going...