Tomorrow is the beginning of a new work week...umm YEAH!!!!
Sound convincing??? I'm truly wondering why I am NOT independently wealthy...I think... I should be...
Had a slow weekend. By slow I mean I had nothing planned but it ended up being a little busier than what I wanted it to be.
I seemed to be spending a lot of time in stores and in the mall. Two things I just do NOT do. I am a typical list girl...I make my list, go in, go directly to the items, pay, and I'm done. I am not one to window shop. Nor going with my friends to malls just to try on clothes. Hey, it probably took me a minute to get dressed and then you want me to undress in a public place, no bigger than a closet, with people trying their best to bust in the door and then not. BUY. ANYTHING. And then call it fun???
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
I got a couple invitations to go shopping. Since I still have not decided that the dress I have is the one, I decided I would take the friends up on the trip. So we loaded up the car and before we got out of the city limits two women got into an argument. They were sisters so I wasnt too worried but I secretly was hoping that this latest tiff wouldnt last long because I was on a mission (yeah...I had turned the whole thing into a 'me' thing). In 3 hours time, we went to ONE freaking store. ONE. We went to some booth where they wanted to get there eyebrows threaded. After the first one moaned and let out a couple screams...when the little lady looked at me, without her asking I just point blank said 'No.' I die a little bit when I get mine waxed let alone have to hold my own eye tight to let some stranger do her job. I noticed one of the sisters kept checking her phone and little did I know, we were being used as a ploy to get the birthday girl out of the house because her husband was planning a spur of the moment birthday party to lift her spirits.
After we ate, went to Micheals...that is when one of the girls said, 'we ready to head back?'...I held back my 'wtf??!!! you ARE kidding right????'
The party was a success for her. It was a birthday party but like I said it was something to lift her spirits. I do tend to take a lot of things for granted and sometimes God has a way of smacking me upside my head and saying 'Chill out...you think YOU have problems?' Have you ever looked at someone else and just lusted after something they had? It could be their wealth or hell the ability to actually pay a bill on time. It could be a spouse or even a significant other. Or a sensitive one. It could be their home. It could be a CLEAN home. Or it could their happiness, peace or joy that you just cant seem to achieve. And then you get to see behind the closed doors of their lives and you realize...'It's not all good.' And then you think 'damn...I'm good, Lord. No more complaints. Or I will TRY not to complain. Thank you'
It hurts to see someone that has been trying to have a baby for years and they do not have a child. To know that their are people out there hurting their own children and you've seen this woman actually balled up because she's lost another baby...it hurts. A woman who has risked her own life so that MAYBE her unborn baby can live...it hurts. When you see the want in her eyes when she holds a baby. When you see her chest rise as she takes a deep breathe as she hands that baby back to its mother. You feel the pain, but you dont understand because you have two healthy teenage boys.
I dont think I've lusted after something that was not mine. I know I have thought 'she has NO clue how lucky she is' but selfishly not realizing my own luck. I promise to try and not do that. Promise. And to try.
Went to the mall again today. Ended up buying another dress. I think it is between these two. One is chocolate with pink polka dots and the other is chocolate with tourgoise polka dots. One is has an underlay and the other is more of a stiff material that clings to about the waist and then flares out a bit at the waist. The bad thing about the second dress it has straps that do not hide a bra so either I will have to get a strapless bra which I havent tried one on since I had breast reduction surgery (another blog for another day) but I still have that mind concept that my boobs are too big. Or I will have to go braless which...really is NOT an option because even though I've had the reduction, I'm still a pretty full cup but I have a little nerve damage...
2 comments:
I actually like window shopping. I don't try on clothes though. I'd much rather return/exchange them.
*sigh* @ lady with fertility issues. Its a hard cross to bear.
It is a huge hard cross to bear...
Post a Comment