Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The boys are now back in school after a week and a day off for spring break. They actually got the whole spring break because we really did not have a hard winter. We had maybe 2 hard snows and those were carefully planned so that they feel on the weekend, ruining our weekends but great for not taking off school. Of course they were not PLANNED but it sounded funny that way.

What did they do over their spring break, you ask…absolutely nothing. Stayed up late, woke up early and cleaned my house from top to bottom. Friday we took a trip with my parents to my dad’s childhood home in Arkansas and stayed until Sunday but over all, they were slugs.

The trip to Arkansas was nice. My dad enjoyed showing the kids how far he had to walk to school. He didn’t have to add lib with the up hill both ways. It was a long enough walk that they were like ‘you walked alllllllllllllllllllllllll this way???’. Jalil wanted to know if he was ever late (Jalil HATES to be late for anything) and how early he had to get up to get their on time. They loved going to see the church my great father founded and seeing the street named after my family. (Didn’t matter that most country gravel roads in small rural towns are like that, they felt it was pretty cool). The trip was mainly for my dad and I am so glad we did it. When I wasn’t driving the van I sat behind him. When the kids would talk about things he was showing them, he was smiling so hard that I could tell by looking at the back of his head. No, we didn’t go to a resort, island or even anywhere exciting in the USA but what we gave my dad was IMMEASURABLE….

Jalil @ the hotel....
Some scenes outside the window...





Okoye eating a pickled egg...yes...a pickled egg....



Larry, Curly and Moe....



You ever get that feeling that something is about to happen or something is happening? Not necessarily doom and gloom but like something that has never happened before and you know…beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you need to prepare for it. But you have no clue for what? I’m getting that feeling. I noticed last week I seemed to have a steady mantra going through my head constantly. It was ‘its okay. Just be at peace’. Or I would say ‘take a deep breath’. Now yes, it’s weird to talk to yourself in almost 3rd person but sometimes…I don’t really think its me ME that’s talking to me. Boy…this sound really crazy so lets move on…
~


No comments: