Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mom scaned me a couple letters I wrote to her when I was young and of course she kept them as proof that I had issues….



It reads...





Dear Mom,
I love you very, very much. I might not act it but I do. Im very sorry I said you picked on me and me only. Im busy trying work that out by losing a lot of things around for you I know that you love me more than Byron, Ranel, Donetta or Leona. When ever I got sick you took care of me. We I lost Toby you told me Toby was better off. I know now your right!! From today on you’re my mother and always be no matter what happens. I hope you treasure this. I now I treasure a lot of thing you give me. I know I might have them now but there in my heart. What Im saying is there a space in my heart that’ll be for you and you only.

Love your Daughter

Jacqueline Price






*MAJOR ISSUE NUMBER ONE: THAT IS NOT HOW MY NAME IS SPELLED.....





The second was is pretty clear so I wont rewrite it.

So many damn mixed emotions! A part of me can not help but laugh my azz off at these…Why I felt the need to write such a letter. I probably wrote this when I was 10 because ‘Toby’ was a poodle mixture mutt that died and I was 10 or 11 when that happened. I also had started questioning why I lived with my grandparents and none of the other kids did. I think that is why from the age of 10-15 I tried to be as perfect as I could possible be and but then 16-17 hit...all hell broke lose. Now that part...that part makes me sad.

Maybe that sadness is why I spend an unusual amount of time and belief in listening to teenagers and what they say. How they feel. Reading these makes me SO glad that I have kept a lot of my kids art, crafts, cards and letters. So that they can read them later on and smile or laugh. Be happy or sad. And relive those moments when they were going through a poetic stage or a ‘Deep thoughts by Jack Handy’ moments…

No comments: