Monday, April 28, 2008

I’ve been cutting out carbs for pretty much 7 weeks now. Really the carbs I’ve cut out are sugar, bread and pasta. Give or take a couple times, I haven’t had them for awhile. Except…this weekend. Do you know how hard it is to say no too a cold pasta salad? Or grilled veggies on a grilled bun? Urgh….this summer is going to be hard. Grilled bread calls my name…LOUDLY!

I also haven’t had an alcoholic beverage in a long time. This is not because of diabetes but just a choice. I keep alcohol in my house for friends and family for when they come over but other than that, I don’t pertake. But the couple of drinks I had the night before made me feel very sluggish all day Sunday. So mix the beverages along with the wrong food and I make a lovely friendly picture for Sunday.

My oldest son drug me out of the house Sunday to get his girlfriend a present. He at first wanted to spend $50 bucks…ummm NO. Unless she has your last name, she’s a $20 gift. He used his own money, $20 his dad just gave him for strait A’s (and one B) so we didn’t have to run to the bank. He at first wanted to give her something with his initial on it…sounded to much like ownership there so I diverted him to something else. Which really, we found a really pretty feminine earring/necklace set. Very age appropriate. Kinda proud of the kid.

Hey...unless you havent heard...Stimulus deposits/checks are to happen today. What are you going to do with your package...well, not your package but your package....good grief.