*My son cried harder than I've seen him cry since he was little. Loud sobs, snot and tears. He came in tonight after walking his girlfriend home and asked if he could walk her home every night this week after school. I told him
'what have i said?? no hanging out every night after school.'
He looked at me with these huge ERNEST eyes and said
'but mom, she's might be moving'
Which I knew...I knew she was going to Kansas City the first month school was out BUT she would be back.
'no. mom she might be moving for GOOD.'
And with that he gave a nervous laugh and seriously said
'mom...I'm going to tell you something.....I"m in love with her'
'Sweetie, I know you are in love with her...I KNOW.'
And my 14 year old sat at the table with his head buried in my chest and cried and sobbed like his world was ending. His world WAS ending. I said
'mommie knows how you feel...I"m not playing with you. I know you hurt.'
And he sobbed some more so we talked, he cried, we talked....he cried and then he said
'I cant live with her in Holt Summit'.....
Pump the breaks. Holt Summit. Not Kansas City. Kansas City is like 2 1/2 hours away. Holt Summit....10 -15 miles TOPS!!!!! I gently told him
'Honey, that's not that bad...that's still close.'
'But its not HERE........
I get it. I understand the first real 'love' of your live and how everything is so intense and so sweet and its like your life will forever be tied to this one person. I remember at the age of 16, my love Romeo (David) had come back from boot camp and got his orders to go to Germany and he was going to be gone for 14 months and we had these plans for a beautiful night in a lovely hotel (highway motel DIVE). When my parents got wind of it I wasn't allowed to even go to the bathroom alone, let alone spend the night with a friend (yeah, I tried it all) or anything else. I remember screaming at my mom
'I WILL NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER LOVE THIS WAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
ummm yeah. :-/ dramatic a little you say.......
I'm not making fun. Really I'm not. There's a part of me that loves to see this side of him. This side that lets me know that he does know how to treat a lady. He does know how to respect someone. And he does know how to be in a 'relationship.' BUT there's another side of me...This side has....
Called her mom to talk to her because in all honesty....I dont feel safe with them being alone. Desperate times call for desperate measure...(See seedy dive motel above)....I know that I am always aware of them when they are here...either outside or watching a movie right here in front of me when I"m scrapbooking, but I DO have rules for him when he goes over there. He is NOT to go over there when her parents are not home. We are at a hieghtened status of alert. Code RED, if you may. He will not be her Romeo to her Juliet.
* Big Brother....you disappoint me AGAIN. Adam. ADAM? Cmon...ADAM! urgh. And what is UP with America not giving the single mom the $25 g's??? Yes, more people have seen her whoha then people have memory of their whoha but ....peeeeeeeeeeople she's a single mom. Urgh. No Big Brother 10 for me. You ARE the weakest link....
Wrong show.