Youth is a marvelous period of life. What a pity so many don't know what to do with it ~ Unknown
I very seldom listen to the radio in my car (mainly because I listen to it all day at work and there’s only so many times you can hear the same song before you start beating your head up against the cubicle wall…WHAT IS UP WITH THAT??? I understand the term ‘heavy rotation’ but this is ridiculous) but I had taken all my CD’s out of my car so when I picked Jalil up from practice last night he was suffering through the radio for something to listen to…imagine my amazement when he stopped on a song and started doing some sort of shimmy in the seat and singing along….it was Britney Spears ‘Womanizer’…he loves the chorus and I’m amazed that he knows the words and every sound she makes during it but when he sang the word ‘lollipop’, you know the line… he sat completely still and then shimmied his shoulders…wow.
*
Today is Ash Wednesday. I have an Ash Wednesday story…wanna hear??? Doesn’t matter, as long as your reading this you have no choice….when I first started working here I was walking around my job and came across a coworker. She had what looked like a huge smudge of mascara on her forehead and me being the person that I am…I’m going to tell you ‘hey…u got something on your face!!!’ So as she is talking to me I’m like I gotta tell her…’ so in the middle of our work conversation I say ‘you have got something on your face’ and without any further ado…I reach to wipe it off…she’s rearing back saying ‘no’…I’m grabbing her saying ‘yeah you do…I’ll get it’…its almost a lil tussle going on until she finally says, LOUDLY, ‘STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’. Hmmm this wasn’t the reaction that I expected so I dropped my hands and looked at her and she began to explain that it was Ash Wednesday and the significance of it….every year, for the past 15 years, she comes to me and says ‘hey!! Don’t forget its Ash Wednesday….’ Yeah.. I am usually the butt of serious jokes in my office.
*
Why is it that men hate it when you tell them they are being a statistic? I mean yeah it can be bad to be generalized...but a male friend of mine just got divorced. He is in a book club and one of the girls in the club, he is interested in. I say girl because...well she is a girl. 24 years old to his 36. He wants to ask her out and I responded 'LOL...if you do you are SO a statistic!!!' All he said was 'EXPLAIN, please' I said that it was typical for divorced men to start dating soon after the divorce, and it was usually a younger woman. Terms like 'typical' and 'usual' mainly refer to a statistic so I called him a statistic to which...he wasnt liking to much.
3 comments:
I love that Britney song. Don't judge. :)
HA! I am going to get my ashes tonight, but I remember one year I went before work, and my boss said "did someone put a cigar out on your forehead?" He knew what it was but he was being a dork.
Oh no...never judge...just hiliarious to me. his voice is changing so to hear him trying to sing a woman's voice is so funny to me, LOL.
One year on Ash Wednesday I was in printmaking class and everyone kept staring at me. I had forgotten about the ashes until finally a classmate told me that I had black printing ink on my forehead.
Post a Comment