Tuesday, August 26, 2008



Don't ask me why I put this picture on here...I have no clue. Well really I do but I will leave that up to your imagination....

****

School is in session and it's been a beyotch to get into the grove (insert old school Madonna in here). My oldest is pretty nervous about school. I can raise my hand and take the blame for that. Last year, in the 8th grade, we had to sit down and talk and decide ultimately, tentatively, what he wanted to do after he graduated from high school. We had to plan his course curriculum for high school because his plan (and ours)has always been for him to go to college and so he wanted to take prep courses for that. Well those courses, or some of those courses, you had to have another course to have THOSE courses. So I stressed to him that this is the big leagues buddy and you betta buckle down and do the due. Yeah, intimidation is a great tool as a parent. Try it.

***

My baby is nervous. When he talks to me about his day, he's nervous. When he volunteers information, he's nervous. I'm trying to be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal calm with it and tell him that its just the beginning of the school year, he's got to get into the flow and once he does, everything will flow into place. Another tool as a parent is bullishting until you REALLY feel it. I know if I don't get him locked into a routine he will flounder so that has been why I haven't really posted a lot.

***

Maybe the reason I posted that pic is because lately, topics of conversation have centered around sex this week. Just different topics. S&M. Mundane. Exciting. Just silly stuff that Shelly and I will talk about. Except this week we've included one of our Supervisors into the dialogue...Can we say sexual harassment boys and girls???

***

I can not stand when I'm on the phone with someone and all of a sudden, the definite sound of a toilet flushing or fluids hitting fluids, or any other SOUND comes across the air waves! If that happens I will put you on blast in a heartbeat but what ASTOUNDS me is when I go into a public bathroom, a government professional building and someone is talking on the phone while peeing!!!! WTF. Stop the madness ya'll. I am NOT a prude by any means but c'mon ya'll does anyone else have a problem with this????
***
NEW BLOG ALERT!!NEW BLOG ALERT!!! Check it out.....
***
Another thing I want to add to my bucketlist is going on a cruise. A long one. By myself.
***
I so am drooling over this camera. I VANT VONE SOOOOOOOOOOOO VAD! Or this one....
*****

A picture of my babies...JUST BECAUSE! Don't they look so pleased on the first day of school??
Yes, I STILL take pictures on the first day of school and will continue on and on and on.....

9 comments:

Still Patrice said...

lol i giggled when i saw the pic! just b/c that's how my mind works. See yours works like mine ;) but s&m though? lol

your boys are not babies! lol

Rosemary/sonrie said...

they will thank you for the 1st day of school pics some day.

Kim said...

Aw, they're always our babies, no matter how big they get!

Teresa said...

I'm with you on the phones in the bathroom thing. There are several people in our office who wear a handsfree headset and they are always using them in the bathroom. DISGUSTING!!! I try to make as much bathroom noise as possible when one of them is in there.

BTW I have the digital Rebel and it is awesome! Has a great feel to it. Not too heavy, but not so light that the camera moves when you push the button to take the pic. And the bonus is that my lenses for my Canon SLR fit the DSLR so I didn't have to spend a lot of extra money on additional lenses. You will love it.

Rosemary/sonrie said...

I do like my doors series...it's something we see so much of, yet there are so many unique ones. Thanks for the compliment.

Jakki said...

Patrice and Kim
, they can be 70 freakin years old and they will still be my babies...LOL..and they know this and they live for it, I dont care what they say. I know on the picture, Sonrie, they looked totally put out that I made them take yet another picture but do i care??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is what I live for..ha!

Teresa I am so jealous! I was going to get the Rebel this year but these little things came up, called BILLS so I didnt but the Mark comes out in October so I am literally drooling over that one.

Teresa said...

Well, I got lucky a couple years ago when two friends asked me to take pictures for their weddings that summer. Knowing I could do a better job with digital and that I would make enough money shooting the weddings to pay for the camera I went for it! I could never have spent that kind of money on myself for a "toy".

Jakki said...

For you, teresa, its not a toy if you get income from your phototgraphy. At least I dont think so...for me, it would be. I would love to see some of your photo's...I clicked on your link so if you have them at another site hit me up with a link either here or by email.

Teresa said...

Thanks for your interest, but my computer at home is too janky to allow me to have a website or blog at this time (it can take an hour just to get logged on and read a couple of emails) but if I do get one I'll link you up. I read blogs at work on my lunch hour and to kill time sometimes but don't tell my boss. Hee hee. My pics are a lot like yours though. They are mainly family, my dogs or whatever beautiful nature that God puts before us. I try not to do it for money, especially weddings, because it can be very hard to please others and there is nothing worse than an unhappy bride! I like to take pictures for myself.