EXHAUSTED/SUNBURNED/SORE….jalil asked me to do a field trip with him that was loosely described as Survival Skillz….they had read some book and since one of the teachers is a Survivor watcher, I’m guessing this is where she got her idea. I thought…sure…sounds fun. When we got to the park (after walking) and I could see some of the stations…I’m like…’damn. This is NOT what I thought it would be’ . By the 3rd station, one of the qualifications was building a shelter to which I politely asked could a cheap motel be considered ‘roughing it’. He politely told me that I was going to flunk that station. HEY! I raised my hand before I said it….
SHOCKED…yesterday, during one of our walks…to hear a kid behind me singing the words LOUDLY ‘spread your legs for my birthday’. I think I put Linda Blair to shame with my head turning technique. I told him around me, I was not going to allow a 13 year old to sing that song so he betta but his NEW iPod up if he didn’t want me to have a new one. Jalil was mortified but the kid plopped down and sat with me a lunch and talked and talked so I don’t think it’s a big deal.
EXCITED….SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT FOR THE SUMMMMMMMMMMER…well not yet but in two days it will be.
UPSET…went to a graduation the other night. The school was a small Christian school that did both the kindergarten and the Senior graduation together. There was 4 kindergartners going to the 1st grade and 8 students graduating from high school. The kindergartners performed several songs but one song there was a little boy who had to perform a speaking part during the school. He was the cutest boy who that from the moment he was up on stage…well performed. He ‘fought’ for the mic…sang loudly, talked at the wrong times. He had the cutest deepest dimples I’ve ever seen and I found myself taking tons of pictures of him. Anyway, during one of the songs he had a speaking part and when it came time to do it…he got a touch of the giggles. He kept saying that his line made him laugh and it would throw him into a fit. Once the song was over with the teacher rose to get up from the piano. As she got up walked across the stage to her seat…just from the set of her jaw and the grip she had off the tail end of her blouse…she was mad is an understatement. She glanced up and locked eyes with a man that was the head master of the school and bugged her eyes out at him and shook her head. As if to say ‘I cant DEAL with him!!!’. When she shifted her gaze a little bit over…her eyes locked eyes with mine. And lets just say I let her know ‘I seen what you did. I don’t like it which makes you a person I don’t like.’ This upsets me. I cant even begin to explain how much. I know the child was trying and I know it can be difficult. BUT. If it exhausted her and put her at her wits end…don’t do it at a venue where another parent can see that emotion or even worse, the parent or family member see how mad you are . AT THEIR CHILD.
OKAY…OFF MY SOAP BOX
No comments:
Post a Comment