Our microwave died yesterday. Or really…it blew up. I really would like to wait until Black Friday sales to get one but I’m being realistic…
I’ve went shopping on Black Friday ONCE. After a lady stepped back into me, stepped hard on my infected big toe and did NOT say ‘excuse me’ all for the desire of a dvd player….I have decided Black Friday shopping is not to be for me.
But I have two intelligent book smart boys with the common sense of a gnat….
‘how do I cook a frozen dinner?’
‘can I cook my pot pies?’
‘I need to warm my hot dogs up….how?’
We do not use our microwave to cook but we us it to heat stuff up, like frozen dinner, pot pies and leftovers. Since neither boy likes cold bologna or hot dogs, they will heat those up in there too…
Life is over as they now it folks. It will actually take an hour to heat up a pot pie and they just might die of starvation in the mean time.
4 comments:
heh heh. poor things. those kids are in for it, without that microwave. over here too, they wouldn't know what to do.
xo
Oh child. You know what? We didn't have a microwave for three and a half years while in Hawaii. We didn't have room in the kitchen believe it or not. We survived. Your kids will perhaps learn to cook? It's a life lesson, maybe you have a chef in the making there!
They cook quite a bit when they have time. We do quite a bit of rushing around so they like the ability of popping something in the microwave and zap....its done. Like this morning...my oldest had bball practice at 6...so he got up at 4:30 just to scramble him some eggs. Normally he would just pop something in the microwave and be done with it...
My youngest considers himself a chef...he watches Iron Chef all the time. One time he made me a dinner of ramen noodles and chopped hot dogs, green onions and eggs. Except for the hot dogs...it was good, LOL.
I hear you!! We have a generation of children who have no idea what "waiting" is all about. No microwave? Ack!! A real oven, that does an even better job of heating things through. My youngest once asked me why I put frozen chicken wings in the oven for 25 minutes when they could be done in 5 in the microwave. He thought the world had come to a standstill!!! A good lesson in "good things are worth waiting for"!!
Post a Comment